Saturday, November 22, 2008

George R Brown 13 miler

Brr! What a chilly morning for a run. At memorial Park at 4 30 am. That's not fun either. Fortunately this is the earliest run in all our training, so no more getting up at 3 30.

The did not go as well as I wanted it to. Typically, for a run, I start slow for about 45 minutes until I settle in (and in this case warm up). As we were going through downtown, my energy picked up. I ran ahead of the group, pausing for safety's sake, and it felt really good. Then it was basiaclly downhill from mile 8. I lost my motivation, and even though I KNOW I can run 11 miles straight, I couldn't find the energy to keep running. So I took too many long walk breaks and came in after 3 hours. I should have been more like 2:30 to be on par with finishing a half marathon in 3 hours.

At this point I do not have winter running gear yet. So I did this run in ankle length pants and a t shirt. A little too chilly for me, I will have to go shopping now. 46 degrees when we passed through downtown.

No comments: