Saturday, January 24, 2009

On the trail

Today I met up with H T Rex (Or Houston Trail Running EXtreme) for a long (ish) run at 7 am. It was a nice day out, a little chilly, def cloudy. Miles was leading our group, and well, I wa sin the back of the pack. I do have a good excuse though, trail running is HARD. And I know how I'm going to train for the hills in Austin now.

One of the highlights was that I ran into a armadillo. Or literally, it almost ran into me. I saw it off in the woods, and stopped to watch it. The thing passed right infront of me on the trail. Pretty amazing - I don't think I've ever seen one alive and not in a cage.

So after about an hour I'd had enough. As I was walking away I was actually thinking that I could go for more running, just not trail running. But I got in my car anyway, and headed over to the farmer's market. I picked up purple cauliflower, brussel sprouts, strawberries (grown in Spring TX), spinach, lamb shank, goats milk, and grapefruits. Got some great finds, everything looks delicious!

Off to horseback, minor cross training activity. I felt a lot of tension during the ride on my knees and hips, like transverse muslces. I don't really know enough about anatomy, but I think the pliƩ-type motion on my knees was uncomfortable.

Tomorrow, the plan is biking and yoga. I think what I would like to do is bike to my various training sessions, but first I need some headlights and stuff. Aos if I am going to continue trail running I need a headlamp for when it's dark.

Ah...so many wants...

No comments: