Sunday, February 1, 2009

Light Sunday run

Just did a light run today with the BF. We kind of screwed up a bit. We were too lazy to run on Saturday. My line was, "we should sleep in while it's chilly out and we can get up early when it's too hot out to run later". And then we didn't bring running clothes Saturday night when we went to stay at my parents. So it would have been good to run before breakfast on Sunday, but since we didn't have our stuff, we ran after brunch. We didn't have enough time to get the run I wanted in (8-10 miles) with the superbowl later, but we did get a good 6 3/8 mile run in. We started at about 2. It was warm out, but it sprinkled through West U the first time, and then there was a GREAT breeze running through Main between Rice and Med Center. Some weird places on my legs have been in pain. I think it has to do with the trail run last week, because it's muscles on the sides of my legs. I need to get a good rubdown with the marathon stick.

Not pleased with my workouts this weekend, but at least I did get a run in.

Ideally my schedule for the week would look something like this:

Monday: rest/easy run
Tuesday: rest/Brian O'Neil's running club
Wednesday: morning weight train, afternoon Speed training with HRTC
Thursday: Bricks in Memorial Park with HRTC
Friday: rest
Saturday: Long run
Sunday: Swim/yoga/bike

I would like to be biking to all workouts. It's a pretty ambitious schedule. It also doesn't leave a lot of room to fit in a hilly run, which I need to do in order to be prepared for my next couple of races. But this is mostly new stuff. So there may be something that I don't enjoy as much as I hope. So we'll see.

Thanks for reading :)

No comments: