Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh it's getting hilly!

Seeing as how Seattle's course is dotted with more hills then I care to think about, BF and I are starting hill training. Nothing major, because, let's face it, we're in Houston, but enough that maybe I won't die.

My apartment complex has a couple of 3 story garages. They are staggered floors, so the slope goes up half a story and then is flat along the length of the garage and then goes up half a story again...you get the picture (hopefully)

So we started with a 10 minute easy run around the complex and then went up and down the stairs twice. At first I wanted to push it but then I realized how much my calves are still recovering from the 15 miler, and that put an end to things. We jogged around the complex again to "cool down" (I consider a real cool down sitting my butt on the couch). There was definitely a lot of tension in my lower legs, especially on the exterior muscles (I think it's the Peroneus Brevis Muscle and Extensor Digitorum Longus Muscle). I even iced my lower right calf after wards. Hopefully hills will get better.

Oh, and I registered for the San Antonio marathon November 15th! HoustonFit will be in high gear then, very exciting!

No comments: