Saturday, July 11, 2009

I feel so rusty!

Well, it's been two weeks since we've run, and we figured it's about time to get back...in the shoes.

Today is also the orientation for HoustonFit's Houston Marathon season.

So we got up early and drove to memorial park to run. We started out going counter clockwise around the loop, but I think next time I'll try to remember to run clockwise because if you stay to the right, you're on the inside. It's a lot easier to go from the inside to the amenities around the park.

It was a little bizarre getting back into running. All of our lessons we had learned were out the window: get up early, use the bathroom first, wear sun protection, etc.

So we wanted to do two laps, but that wasn't going very well, and we wanted to make it to the orientation on time, so we just did one (with too many breaks).

The HoustonFit orientation is great, and totally motivating. It was especially interesting to hear it now, with two marathons under my belt, and to understand how completely true everything they say is.

Hopefully we'll be back into things quickly now that we're running with HoustonFit.

1 comment:

joyRuN said...

Have fun with the group - I wish I had a marathon training group to train with.

I just saw that you're following a blog called "Apple Pie, Patis &..." something else - I'm not a foodie, but the "patis" caught my eye!