Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tempo run and core workout

I did something amazing today. I got up at 5:30 to go workout! Ok 5:45, and was out the door around 6:15, but it was close!

I packed up work clothes the night before so I could shower at Crew and then go straight to work. I hope that soon I'll be able to get up at 4:45 and attend the 5:30 cardio cycling class, but we'll see.

To start I warmed up with 400 meters of a 3.5 mph walk on the treadmill (4:15 minutes). Then I kicked it up for a warm up jog and did 400 meters at 4.5 mph (3:20). Kicking up into the tempo pace, I ran for 1200 meters at a 5.5 mph pace (8:10). Then back down to 400 meters at a 3.5 mph pace. (4:15)

Total: 1.5 miles (20 minutes)

Movin on to the core:

Held a plank for 7 seconds, relaxed for 15 then held the plank for another 7 seconds. Then I did the superman (the hard one with both feet and hands) holding for 10 seconds, then relax for 15, then hold for another 10. Repeat this 3 times.

Move on to the bridge. Hold for 20, then relax. Metronome for 10 counts (5 on each side). Then repeat 3 times.

Showers at Crew are pretty decent. I made a mental note of things I needed to bring for next time. BF and I are going to put together a "gym" bag so that we can be prepared in the morning to go workout.

No comments: