Monday, August 3, 2009

L.A. Fitness

In the quest for OUR gym, BF and I tried out LA Fitness.

Pluses:

It's huge compared to the other two we've tried
It has a pool
Two classrooms
More machines
Bigger locker rooms

Cons:

Crowded, despite it's size
Most expensive of the 3
Is a big gym really a good thing?

Overall, I just don't think it had the feel that we liked at Crew.

But we worked out to get a feel for the place. I started by walking 400 meters at 3.5 mph and then running 400 meters at 5.5 mph. The pace felt good and comfortable, which was nice. However, as I went on, I developed a side stitch that was really bothering me. Plus my shins were sore, so I hopped off the treadmill and went down to stretch. I tried to stretch out my abs, but that's when I realized that my lower back was what was sore.

I went off to do some weights. I started with the abs machine at 80 pounds, then I did biceps, triceps, and a chest press all at about 40 pounds.

By the time I got done with that BF finished his 2 miles and I was hungry and my pre-existing headache was getting stronger, so we opted to call it a day.

I realized when we got home that my toe was bothering me. Now I'm a bit worried because it might be an ingrown toenail (a lovely fate for runner's toes). Hopefully it will get better before the 15 miler this weekend!

No comments: