Monday, October 26, 2009

Two for the price of one!

I'm getting a bit spoiled by the cool weather. Sunday was significantly warmer then recent, so instead of getting up super early to run, I opted to sleep in instead. However, I did get to the gym in the afternoon, and stayed on the treadmill for an hour! I ran about 4.5 miles:

400m walking at 3.5 mph
4 miles running at 4.5 mph
400 m walking at 3.5 mph

I actually ran out of time...at 60 minutes the treadmill automatically starts a cool down phase. :) Oh, and what helped me not get bored on the treadmill? Thankfully at Crew it's never very crowded, so I was able to plop down right in front of a TV, get the remote all to myself, put on the Men in Black movie, AND set up the large fan directly behind me. Oh, life at a gym is plush.

This morning DF and I got up to go to the gym. I started with a mile run:

400 m walking at 3.5
800 m running at 6 mph
400 m walking at 3.5

Then I moved on to lift weights.

Bicep curls at 10 lbs each arm
Over-the-head triceps at 20 lbs
Shoulder press at 10 lbs each arm
Chest Press at 10 lbs each arm

I also caught up with the cardio cycling instructor. She teaches a class M W F at 5:30 am. My mom does cardio cycling, and I think it would be a great calorie burning, cross training exercise.

No comments: